This First Spouse coin features an emblematic design of Liberty that was issued during the presidential term of Andrew Jackson.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight with a mintage of just 7,806 coins.
- Proof coin housed in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: A design emblematic of Liberty on its obverse, as depicted on a United States coin issued during the President’s time in office. For Andrew Jackson’s presidency, the selected image appeared on the Capped Bust, Lettered Edge Half-Dollar coin from 1807–1836.
- Reverse: Depicts Andrew Jackson, known as “Old Hickory,” on horseback mounted as he led his troops to victory over the British at the Battle of New Orleans.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Andrew Jackson married his wife, Rachel, in 1793. They were married for 34 years. Rachel died in December before her husband took office the following January. She was buried in the gown she planned to wear at her husband's inauguration.