The very popular "Black Eagle" note whose nickname was derived from most prominent feature of these notes: a large Black Eagle.
- The last issue of this type of Silver Certificate before the modern looking replacement was issued in 1923.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is in Very Good condition with typical wear for the grade.
- Face: Large eagle with its wings spread perched above small portraits of Lincoln and Grant.
- Back: Obligation language at center with the denomination surrounding among stylized scrollwork.
These notes are popular among collectors of large "Horse Blanket" notes. Add this 1899 $1.00 Silver Certificate to your cart today!