This 2008-W 1/2 oz Gold buffalo has a low mintage of only 12,169 coins and is the only year that fractional Gold Buffalos were minted!
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the near perfect Proof-69 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 12,169 coins.
- Obverse: Showcases a rendition of James Earle Fraser's acclaimed "Buffalo Nickel" design of an American Indian in profile, originally minted in 1913.
- Reverse: Depicts an American buffalo which is a visual representation of the bison named Black Diamond who, in the early 1900s, lived in the Central Park Zoo in New York City.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The U.S. Gold Buffalo is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. Add this beautiful 1/2 oz Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.