The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a perfect MS-70 by NGC, honors First Lady Louisa Adams.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Louisa Adams.
- Reverse: Designed by Donna Weaver and sculpted by Charles Vickers, illustrates Louisa and her son making the treacherous journey across Europe to Paris.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Louisa Adams First Spouse coin to your cart today!
Louisa Adams was the only first lady to be born on foreign soil. Louisa was born in London and did not step foot on American soil until after her marriage to John Quincy Adams. Before her husband's presidency, Louisa and the children lived in St. Petersburg while John lived and worked in Paris. Following the War of 1812, John moved his wife and children to Paris. This move turned out to be a treacherous 40-day sleigh ride through Europe.