First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Louisa Adams. This coin is graded PF-70 by NGC.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the PF-70 Ultra Cameo condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Louisa Adams.
- Reverse: Designed by Donna Weaver and sculpted by Charles Vickers, illustrates Louisa and her son making the treacherous journey across Europe to Paris.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add these 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coins to your cart today!
Louisa Adams was the only first lady to be born on foreign soil. Louisa was born in London and did not step foot on American soil until after her marriage to John Quincy Adams. Before her husband's presidency, Louisa and the children lived in St. Petersburg while John lived and worked in Paris. Following the War of 1812, John moved his wife and children to Paris. This move turned out to be a treacherous 40-day sleigh ride through Europe.
Louisa’s First Spouse Gold Coin’s obverse (heads) side depicts a beautiful portrait of her designed by Joel Iskowitz and sculpted by Phebe Hemphill. The reverse, designed by Donna Weaver and sculpted by Charles Vickers, illustrates Louisa and her son making the treacherous journey across Europe to Paris.