The Gold content of this 19th century South African Gold coin is the equivalent of a half sovereign, 0.1177 of an ounce. Low mintages add to the collectibility of this issue.
- Contains .1177 oz actual Gold weight.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic flip.
- Average Circulated condition.
- Obverse: Depicts a bust of Paul Kruger, first president of South Africa.
- Reverse: National arms with date and value.
- Struck at the South African Mint at Pretoria.
Display your coin in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Containing .1177 of an ounce of Gold and having limited mintages, these 1/2 Pond coins were South Africa's equivalent of the British Half Sovereign, but are much harder to obtain! Add some of these vintage South African coins to your cart today!
Listed in Krause as KM#9.2.
Dates (1893-1897) are of our choice and are limited to stock at hand.
Gold -- why buy Gold from APMEX?Gold is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||0.1177 troy oz|