This issue from Hong Kong commemorates the Chinese Lunar Year of the Monkey. This coin has a face value of 1,000 Hong Kong Dollars and contains .4708 of an ounce of pure Gold!
- Contains .4708 oz actual Gold weight.
- Most coins will be in protective plastic flips. Some may be in capsules.
- Obverse: Depicts a bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a rendition of a Monkey holding fruit, with the legend and value.
- Minted at the British Royal Mint.
These coins are struck to the same standards as the British Two Pound (Double Sovereign) coins.
Listed Krause as KM#47.