Type-2 dollars feature a higher relief and rounder earth, but the islands are very indistinct. The islands look like one very large island where the islands would normally appear on the coin. This variety is found on a few copper-clad Ike dollars in 1972.
- Contains Copper/Nickel bonded to an inner core of pure Copper.
- Comes in a protective plastic coin flip.
- Obverse: Profile of President Eisenhower with "Liberty" above his head and "In God We Trust" and the bicentennial date 1776-1976 below.
- Reverse: Design of the Liberty Bell in front of the moon with "United States of America" above and "One Dollar" below.
- Features the San Francisco Mint's "S" mintmark above the date.
Protect and preserve your Eisenhower Dollars by adding a protective Dansco album to your order.
Preserve a part of American history by starting your own collection of Eisenhower Dollars. Add this roll of 1976-S Eisenhower Dollars to your cart today!