First year of issue grading MS-60 - MS-65! The Eisenhower Dollar, aka the Ike Dollar, was the first dollar minted after the Peace Dollar that was intended for circulation. The Ike Dollar commemorates the great accomplishments of General/President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the success of the Apollo XI moon landing mission.
- Contains .3161 oz. of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features a striking profile of President Dwight D. Eisenhower facing left with the legend of “LIBERTY” above his head.
- Reverse: Reflects the design of the Apollo XI’s insignia. Depicted is an eagle flying over the surface of the moon with an olive branch firmly grasped in his claws with a small planet earth turned so that North America can be seen.
- This issue features the mint mark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the date.
Preserve a part of American History by starting your own collection of Ike Dollars. Add to your collection by including this 1971-S Silver Eisenhower Dollar in your cart today.
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||S - San Francisco|
|Metal Content:||0.3161 troy oz|