|Mint Mark:||S - San Francisco|
|Metal Content:||0.3161 troy oz|
The Eisenhower Dollar, aka the Ike Dollar, was the first dollar minted after the Peace Dollar that was intended for circulation. The Ike Dollar commemorates the great accomplishments of General/President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the success of the Apollo XI moon landing mission.
- Contains .3161 oz. of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features a striking profile of General/President Dwight David Eisenhower facing left with the legend of “LIBERTY” above his head. Underneath his chin is the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST” with the date at the base of his profile.
- Reverse: Reflects the design of the Apollo XI’s insignia. Depicted is an eagle flying over the surface of the moon with an olive branch firmly grasped in his claws with a small planet earth turned so that North America can be seen.
- This issue features the mint mark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the date.
Protect and preserve your Ike Dollars by adding a protective Dansco album to your order.
Preserve a part of American History by starting your own collection of Ike Dollars. Add to your collection by including this 1972-S 40% Silver Eisenhower Dollar in your cart today.