The Eisenhower Dollar, aka the Ike Dollar, was the first dollar minted intended for circulation after the Peace Dollar. This popular design pays tribute to President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the success of the Apollo XI moon landing.
- Contains no Silver.
- Comes in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Profile of President Eisenhower with "Liberty" above his head and "In God We Trust" and the dual dates of 1776-1976 below.
- Reverse: Shows the Liberty Bell in front of the moon, with "United States of America" above and the denomination below.
- The Type 1 Eisenhower Dollars are distinguishable by the bold lettering on the reverse.
- The Philadelphia Mint did not produce a mintmark.
Protect and preserve your Eisenhower Dollars by adding a protective Dansco album to your order.
Preserve a part of American history by starting your own collection of Eisenhower Dollars. Add this 1976 Type 1 Eisenhower Dollar to your cart today!