Prior to the changeover to the Euro, the ECU (European Currency Unit) was considered as the trade unit for Europe. This Gold 50 ECU commemorates the 30th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome.
- Limited mintage of only 15,000.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Coins are in Proof condition and housed in a protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Depict the denomination and date within 12 stars and surrounded by the country's name in its three official languages Dutch, French and German.
- Reverse: Features a rendition of a historic coin design of Emperor Charles V. "CAROLVS.D.G.ROM.IMP.HISP.REX.DUX.BVRG.C.F."
- Struck at the Royal Belgian Mint.
Protect your Proof coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this limited Belgian Gold 50 ECU commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome to your collection today!