Only $69.99 per item!
Here is an 1864 issue Confederate $50 note bearing a portrait of CSA President Jefferson Davis. Nice note for a Confederate type set!
- This is from the last group of notes issued by the Confederate States during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Fine example with typical wear for the grade.
- Face: Popular note with a portrait of CSA President Jefferson Davis at center.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in blue.
This note is an affordable example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War, intact without the usual damages typical of these CSA issues due to the quality of paper. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Catalogued as T-66.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs.