1864 CSA $.50 Note. Bust of Jefferson Davis in Extremely Fine condition.
- Beautiful note with a Romanesque bust of Confederate States President Jefferson Davis.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A nice Extremely Fine example.
- Face: Features a cameo bust of CSA President Jefferson Davis facing right at top center.
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These notes have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Cataloged as T-72.
This note has seen some wear, but is intact without the usual damages typical of these CSA paper money issues due to the quality of paper being used.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
This is the only denomination of Fractional currency the Confederacy issued during the war. These were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value.