In 1980, the Royal Australian Mint in Canberra released the very first 200 Dollar Gold coin series. The coins, such as this 1986 issue, featured the iconic Australian koala. The design changed in some years for special occasions.
- Contains .2948 oz actual Gold weight.
- Comes in protective plastic capsule with box and certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 16,654 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a koala on a eucalyptus branch above lettering "TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS".
- Reverse: Raphael Maklouf's effigy of Queen Elizabeth II., Australia and date.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this beautiful Australian proof Gold coin featuring one of the country's most famous animals to your cart today!