Very nice 1914 $5 Federal Reserve Note from the Chicago District.
- The first of the Federal Reserve Notes issued for general circulation.
- This note will be in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Moderately circulated $5 note from series 1914 in nice Fine to Very Fine condition.
- Face: Last printed in 1928 and bears the portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: The "Landing of Columbus" and "Landing of the Pilgrims" are depicted.
Add this 1914 $5.00 Federal Reserve Note to your cart today!
Signatures of White/Mellon—Friedberg #871A.
Series 1914 Federal Reserve Notes were the first of this type issued after the Federal Reserve Act passed in 1913. This established the banking system and uniform currency that exists to this day. Denominations from Five through Ten Thousand Dollars, and districts A through L, (Boston through San Francisco) were established.