This special set was released to commemorate the date 08/08/2008, and contains burnished versions of the 2008 half-ounce Gold Buffalo and Gold Eagle. Only 7,751 of these sets were made, each of which is presented in an attractive wood display case.
- Each coin contains 1/2 oz Gold, for a total of 1 oz per set.
- Less than 8,000 of these sets were produced in honor of the date 08/08/2008. The number 8 is associated with wealth and prosperity in many Asian cultures.
- Housed in an attractive wood presentation case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Contains burnished 1/2 ounce examples of the Gold Buffalo and Gold Eagle, both dated 2008.
- Sovereign coins backed by the U.S. government.
Don't miss out on this handsomely-presented, limited-production set from the U.S. Mint. Add the Double Prosperity Set to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.