Mintage of 7,515 coins. First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. Since Martin Van Buren was a widower during his presidency, this coin displays a reproduction of the Seated Liberty design of the era.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a reproduction of the Seated Liberty design of the era.
- Reverse: Here, young Martin was exposed to political ideology at an early age, as local and state politicians would often gather at the Van Buren establishment as they traveled between the cities of his youth.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz First Spouse Gold coin to your cart today!
Born in New York in December of 1782, Martin Van Buren holds the distinction of being the first president to be born in a newly independent Nation. His family operated a tavern in the town of Kinderhook, a primarily Dutch enclave located on the post road between New York City and Albany.