Rare Blue Label set graded a Perfect Mint State-70 by NGC, Key Date Low Mintage* set!
- Contains a total of 1.85 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of each coin.
- The Early Releases label guarantees these coins were received by NGC within the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- Obverse: Depicts the strong face of the statue below the word "Liberty," with the year and "In God We Trust" to the side. "E Pluribus Unum" is engraved along Liberty's raised arm.
- Reverse: Features an American bald eagle with outstretched wings soaring in front of a sunrise with "United States of America" above. The weight, purity and face values are also shown.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Platinum Eagle Set in style by adding an attractive wooden gift box to your order.
Platinum Eagles combine quality Platinum appeal with a beautiful patriotic design. Add this 2006 4-Coin Platinum American Eagle Set to your cart today!
Mintages are as follows:
* 6,000 1 oz coins
* 9,602 1/2 oz coins
* 12,001 1/4 oz coins
* 11,001 1/10 oz coins
The only investment-grade Platinum coin produced by the United States Mint, the American Platinum Eagle was finally released in 1997. It is the official Platinum bullion coin of the United States and is the only coin the mint backs for weight, content and .9995 fine metal purity. The coin is available in sizes of 1/10 troy oz, 1/4 troy oz, 1/2 troy oz, and 1 troy oz.
The obverse of the standard bullion coin features the Statue of Liberty, while the reverse boasts a bald eagle soaring through the sky with the sun behind it. However, on the 1 oz Proof Platinum Eagles, the reverse changes annually. From 1997 through 2002, the various designs on these coins were part of the “Vistas of Liberty” program. In this series, a bald eagle was depicted flying over a different region throughout the United States. From 2006 to 2008, a three-year design series called “The Foundations of Democracy” represented the three branches of government. In 2009, a six-year series was introduced to honor the Preamble to the Constitution. A special two-year series began in 2015 featuring modern representations of Lady Liberty.