The 2010 1 oz Gold Kangaroo features two kangaroos "boxing" in the outback, design by Dr. Stuart Devlin.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Portrays Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, as well as the coin’s monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features two classic red kangaroo "boxing" in the outback. Also included is the year of issue, weight, and purity of the coin.
- Guaranteed by The Perth Mint.
Display your Gold Kangaroo in style by adding an attractive presentation box or coin bezel to your order.
The Gold Kangaroo offers an unrivaled combination of quality and fascinating wildlife design, which brings this Gold bullion coin series to life. Add the 2010 1 oz Gold Australian Kangaroo coin to your cart today!
The Gold Kangaroo series was originally the Gold Nugget series minted by the Perth Mint, beginning in 1986. The reverse images featured various Gold Nuggets from 1986 to 1989, until the design was changed in 1989 to feature the kangaroo, which was more symbolic of Australia. Minted in denominations of 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 1 oz and 1 kilo sizes, these coins have legal tender status in Australia. A significant appeal for collectors is the fact that the designs of these beautiful coins change each year, differentiating them from many other popular Gold sovereign coins.
Red kangaroos hop along on their powerful hind legs and do so at tremendous speed and with incredible grace. In fact, a red kangaroo can reach speeds of over 35 miles per hour! Their massive gait allows them to cover 25 feet in a single leap. The male kangaroos are larger than the females, and sometimes fight over potential mates by leaning back on their tails and boxing each other with their strong hind legs.