Only $24.99 per item!
The 1st of the small size silvers will be series 1928 through 1928-B and are referred to as a 'Funny Back' note. Funny Backs were only made in series 1928 and 1934 making them more collectible.
- These are one the first small size Silver Certificates issued.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Fine condition with typical wear for the grade.
- Face: Portrait of George Washington with "Silver Certificate" above and "One Dollar" below.
- Back: Large ONE with ONE DOLLAR superimposed at center.
Although these first three series of small size One Dollar Silvers were printed in large numbes, nice intact examples of these notes are not that easy to find due to their heavy useage during the Great Depression. Add some of these great collectors items to your cart today!
Series 1928, 1928-A and 1928-B Silver Certificates were printed from April of 1928 through May of 1933. This reduction in size from the older large size notes was done as a cost saving measure with all paper currency being used at that time.