These magnificent Proof Silver coins feature the National Coat of Arms of Mexico on the obverse and the Angel of Independence on the reverse, paying tribute to both the past and present of Mexican history.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins are presented in a plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Display your coin in style by browsing our presentation box category.
With its beloved, historic design, this 2 oz Silver coin is popular with both collectors and investors. Add the 2009 2 oz Proof Libertad to your cart today!
Shown on the obverse are Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, two volcanoes that overlook the Valley of Mexico. These volcanoes tell a story of two lovers from warring families, similar to Romeo and Juliet. The volcanoes represent the warrior Iztaccíhuatl mourning the death of his beloved Popocatépetl.