Beautifully designed, Britannia's mindful expression and eastward-looking profile remind us all of Britain's military presence in the Middle East.
- Contains 1 oz of .958 fine Silver.
- Comes in a plastic coin flip.
- Mintage of 126,367 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Portrays the iconic Britannia as a symbol of eternal struggle. Her helmet, modeled in the Corinthian style, exudes the military strength of Britannia, while the olive branch signifies her peaceful nature.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your Silver Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
This Silver Britannia coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2010 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia to your cart today!
Over the years, the image of Britannia has altered slightly, with her maritime links being emphasized by switching her spear to a trident. Britannia is seen as a symbol of British unity, liberty and strength, meaning she resurfaces during particularly challenging times. Like Columbia in the U.S. and Marianne in France, Britannia becomes more prominent in times of war or when national pride is booming.
In 1987, Britannia’s image graced the new Gold bullion coin minted by the Royal Mint known as the Gold Britannia. These Gold coins have since grown in popularity as an investment and a collector’s piece. Gold Britannias are available in sizes as small as 1/20 oz and as large as 5 oz Gold coins. In 1997, the Royal Mint expanded this design to a Silver bullion coin known as the Silver Britannia. Over time, both the Gold Britannia and Silver Britannia have experienced changes in design and an increase in metal purity, making them major players in the modern coin market.