This coin is part of the Perth Mint's Australian Sea Life series and features a leafy sea dragon. This .999 fine Silver coin showcases the unique leafy sea dragon in beautiful, lifelike colors.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in original mint box with a certificate of authenticity. When lined up in release order, the shipper illustrations form a linked image depicting all five reef creatures.
- Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the face value.
- Reverse: Features a colorized leafy sea dragon with leaf-like appendages.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add the 2009 1/2 oz Silver Leafy Sea Dragon Proof from the Perth Mint to your cart today!
The leaf-like appendages are for camouflage. These beautiful fish display remarkable parenting behavior. After the female develops her eggs, the male takes responsibility for incubating them under his tail.
Between 30 and 40 cm in length, leafy sea dragons are endemic to temperate waters around southern Australia.
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||0.5 troy oz|