First issued in 2006, the American 1 oz Gold Buffalo immediately demanded a place among the world's elite bullion coins. This beautiful 1/4 oz Gold coin is a superb rendition of James Earle Fraser's 1913 Buffalo Nickel.
- Mintage of only 13,125 coins.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a capsule in the original U.S. Mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: Features an American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Proof Gold Buffalos add a new beauty to this popular coin design. Add this 2008-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold Buffalo to your cart today!