|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.25 troy oz|
This rare 1/4 oz American Eagle Gold coin with the "W" mintmark below the date is a great addition for any advanced collector. Normally the mintmark appears only on Proof versions, but this is a special exception.
- Unique uncirculated Gold Eagle with "W" mintmark.
- Contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing in the wind against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Minted by the U.S. Mint in West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Fractional Gold Eagles make for an easy way to own the famous Gold American Eagle design at a lower price point than their full ounce counterparts. Add this unique 1/4 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
In 1999, the West Point Mint accidentally produced what has become one of the most important rarities of the 20th century by striking a limited quantity of uncirculated 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle coins with the "W" mintmark below the date. In this case, the dies never received the special polishing that gives Proof coins their deep, mirrorlike qualities.