This coin has a mintage of only 8,000, making it very hard to find. This is a collector's item and would make a great gift for someone born during the Chinese Year of the Rat - 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996 and 2008.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes either in original plastic from the mint or in a plastic flip, but is verified to be in BU condition.
- Mintage of 8,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: The iconic Maple Leaf design, featuring a large, single maple leaf with the weight and purity. To the left of the maple leaf's stem is a privy mark of a rat.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your Lunar Rat coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Update your set by adding this 2008 Silver Maple Leaf with Rat privy mark to your cart today!
People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction to the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions and are likely to be perfectionists. They are thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey and Ox.