|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.1 troy oz|
Fractional Gold Eagles provide an aspect of collectibility on top of Gold investment value. This rare variety was produced by mistake and no mintage figure has been given by the U.S. Mint, adding further collectible appeal.
- Unique uncirculated Gold Eagle with "W" mintmark.
- Contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 50 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Browse our U.S. Mint boxes to find a beautiful case to protect and display your Gold Eagle.
Fractional Gold Eagles make purchasing America's most popular Gold bullion coin easy, featuring the classic design at a lower price point. Add this beautiful 1/10 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
In 1999, the West Point Mint accidentally produced what may become one of the most important rarities of the 20th century by striking a limited quantity of Uncirculated 1/10 ounce American Eagle Gold coins with the "W" mintmark below the date. Normally the mintmark appears only on Proof versions and in this case, the dies never received the special polishing that gives Proof coins their deep, mirrorlike qualities.