Since Martin Van Buren was a widower during his presidency, this coin displays a reproduction of the Seated Liberty design of the era. This coin has been graded MS-70 by NGC.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Displays a reproduction of the Seated Liberty design of the era.
- Reverse: Here, young Martin was exposed to political ideology at an early age, as local and state politicians would often gather at the Van Buren establishment as they traveled between the cities of his youth.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz First Spouse Gold coin to your cart today!
Born in New York in December of 1782, Martin Van Buren holds the distinction of being the first president to be born in a newly independent Nation. His family operated a tavern in the town of Kinderhook, a primarily Dutch enclave located on the post road between New York City and Albany.