Mintage of only 2,876 coins. These coins were struck on special burnished blanks and treated to give them a distinct look that is different from regular business strike coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect Mint State-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: John Mercanti’s design shows a portrait of the Statue of Liberty gazing confidently forward, a symbol of freedom and opportunity.
- Reverse: "Lady Justice" watched over by an American bald eagle representing the Judicial Branch of government.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your certified Platinum Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage, the Platinum Eagle combines beauty with Platinum bullion appeal. Add this certified 2008-W 1 oz Platinum American Eagle to your cart today!