|Denomination:||$5, $15, $25, $50, $100|
|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1.9 troy oz|
The Platinum Koala is the most famous series of Platinum coins from the Perth Mint in Australia. This beautiful set includes the 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz and 1/20 oz Platinum coins.
- Contains 1.90 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Set comes in the original wooden box.
- Mintage of only 171 sets.
- Obverse(s): 1 oz coin features Sir Henry Parkes and a colored Australian flag. The 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz and 1/20 oz coins depict two Koalas on a branch along with the map of Australia.
- Reverse: Features the profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll.
- Legal tender coins of Australia issued by the Perth Mint.
Add this exceptional 2001 5-Coin Platinum Koala Proof Set to your collection today!
Koalas do not live in rainforests or desert areas. They live in the tall eucalyptus forests and low eucalyptus woodlands of mainland eastern Australia and on some islands off the southern and eastern coasts. Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia are the only states where Koalas are found naturally in the wild.
The Perth Mint has more than a century in the precious metals industry. Opening its operations in 1899, it is a member of an elite group of world mints whose pure gold, silver and platinum legal tender coins are trusted without question. Known for stunning quality reflects the importance of the Mint's traditional skills, and through the use of modern treatments such as color and gilding, they demonstrate the mint's canny ability to set new market trends.