The Platinum Koala is the most famous series of Platinum coins from the Perth Mint in Australia. This beautiful set includes the 1 oz, ½ oz, ¼ oz, 1/10 oz and 1/20 oz Platinum coins.
- Contains 1.90 ounces of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Set comes in the original wooden box.
- Mintage of only 171 sets.
- Obverse(s): 1 oz coin features Sir Henry Parkes and a Coloured Australian Flag. The 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/20 oz coins depict two Koalas on a branch along with the map of Australia.
- Reverse: Features the bust of Queen Elizabeth ll.
- Legal tender coin of Australia issued by the Perth Mint.
Koalas do not live in rainforests or desert areas. They live in the tall eucalyptus forests and low eucalyptus woodlands of mainland eastern Australia and on some islands off the southern and eastern coasts. Queensland, NSW, Victoria and South Australia are the only states where Koalas are found naturally in the wild.
The Perth Mint has more than a century in the precious metals industry.
The Perth Mint opened Its operations in 1899 and is a member of an elite group of world mints whose pure gold, silver and platinum legal tender coins are trusted without question. Known for stunning quality reflects the importance of the Mint's traditional skills, and through the use of modern treatments such as colour and gilding, they demonstrate the Mint's canny ability to set new market trends.
Australian Platinum -- why buy Platinum bullion from APMEX?Platinum bullion is a popular way to diversity one’s wealth because it is one of the world’s favorite bullion investments. To buy Australian Platinum for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Denomination:||$5, $15, $25, $50, $100|
|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1.9 troy oz|