With a mintage of only 16,908, this 1/2 oz Buffalo is one of the scarcest coins of the series. Produced only in 2008, fractional Gold Buffalos were only available as proofs or with a special burnished finish. This coin is one of the latter.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in original mint packaging and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
- Special burnished finish, available for Gold Buffalos in 2008 only, gives the coin a unique matte appearance.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Buy America's premier Gold coin in fractional sizes! Begin your own collection of this iconic coin by adding it to your cart today!