2008 was the only year that fractional Gold Buffalos were minted, and all 4 sizes are among the lowest mintage of the whole series. This half-ounce proof is one of only 12,169 made.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Proof Gold Buffalos add beauty to this popular coin design, and the ultra-low mintage of this coin adds significant collectible appeal. Add this Proof Gold Buffalo to your cart today!