The entire Lunar Series from the Perth Mint is enjoyed by investors and collectors alike. Series I and II coins offer a different rendition of each lunar subject adding more value through the additional variety.
- Contains 0.250 oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- Housed in the original box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, purity of .9999 fine Gold and the monetary denomination are shown.
- Reverse: Features a rabbit next to a cabbage and a pot. The Chinese character for ‘rabbit’ and the inscription ‘Year of the Rabbit’ also appear in the design with the Perth Mint’s traditional ‘P’ mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
This coin has a limited mintage making it highly collectible. Add this 1/4 oz Lunar Year of the Rabbit Gold coin to your cart today!
These superb releases are perfect for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rabbit – 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999 and 2011 – who are regarded as intelligent, articulate, compassionate and loyal.
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.