With a mintage of only 9,074, the burnished 1 oz 2008 Buffalo is the lowest mintage of the popular Buffalo series regardless of size, finish, or date. Only 195 coins have been certified MS-70 First Strike by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- This key to the Buffalo series has a mintage of only 9,074, and a population of only 195* graded MS-70 First Strike.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of each coin.
- First Strike designation is given to coins shipped within the first 30 days of release, makeing these coins very scarce and unlikely to increase appreciably in population in the future.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Features the West Point Mint's "W" mintmark and a unique burnished finish.
Protect and display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
2008 was the only year the U.S. Mint produced Buffalos with a burnished finish. This low-mintage, low-population coin is a great modern rarity. Add this PCGS certified Buffalo to your cart today!
* Population figures provided by PCGS as of July 2016.