|Metal Content:||773.44 troy oz|
Peace Silver Dollars were originally issued to commemorate peace in the world after the end of WWI and are highly collectible.
- Each coin contains .7734 oz of Silver for a total weight of 773.44 oz of Silver.
- Coins are packaged in 2 heavy duty 500-coin canvas bags.
- Contains a nice mixture of Peace Dollars dated 1922-1935.
- Designed by Anthony de Francisci.
- Obverse: Left facing profile of Liberty with a radiate crown, similar to Roman coins.
- Reverse: A majestic Bald eagle perched on a rock clutching an olive branch in its talons.
Protect and display your Peace Dollar collection in style by adding an attractive album to your order.
These coins are average circulated and exhibit most of their design elements. Add these 1000-Coin Bag of Peace Silver Dollars to your cart today!
Years and mint marks will be of our choice and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
The Peace Dollar is highly sought after by collectors, as it experienced one of the briefest minting periods of any U.S. currency and also was the last Silver Dollar to be minted. This popular design was minted from 1921 to 1928, then again in 1934 and 1935, due to changes in legislation.
Anthony di Francisci's Peace Dollar was the result of a contest looking for a new dollar design. His unique rendition of Lady Liberty was based on the actual Statue of Liberty, resulting in a patriotic and familiar look. The eagle on the reverse clutches an olive branch in its talons, symbolizing peace and commemorating the peace seen after WWI.