These coins may retain trace amounts of luster in the protected areas of the design. However, light condition issues are present, saving you money. Great way to add a large amount of Silver to your holdings with a single purchase.
- Approximately 77.34 oz of Pure Silver.
- Coins are packaged in a heavy duty canvas bag.
- Obverse: Left facing profile of Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap adorned with wheat and cotton balls in her hair.
- Reverse: Bald eagle with outstretched wings clutching an olive branch and arrows in its talons.
- Each bag contains a nice mixture of Morgan Dollars dated from 1878-1904 only (no 1921s.) These coins will grade Extra Fine or better, but have problems such as cleaning, rim bumps, or light to heavy hairlines.
Random Year - Date(s) on these coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
The Morgan Dollar holds a special place in U.S. coinage as it was the first coin to feature Lady Liberty with an American look, rather than the traditional Greek style. Her cap is adorned with wheat and cotton as a tribute to America's agricultural history.
The image of the eagle was also updated for the Morgan Dollar, showing a proportionally correct eagle with beautifully designed feathers. He carries an olive branch, showing America's desire for peace, and is perched atop a bundle of arrows, signifying America's readiness to defend her borders against attack.
The Morgan Dollar flooded the markets from 1878-1904. Nearly two decades after production halted, the Morgan Dollar was seen again for one year only, in 1921, due to a renewed desire for this iconic, beautiful design.