Part of Mexico's Pre-Columbian Collection, this 1/4 oz Silver Proof coin depicts the Olmec sculpture of the Master of the Limes, or Senor de las Limas. This hard-to-find coin is one of only 3,700.
- Contains 1/4 oz. of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in a hard capsule to protect the proof finish.
- Obverse: Mexican coat of arms inside a trapezoidal ornamental border, with weight and purity below.
- Reverse: image of a Olmec sculpture depicting the "Master of the Limes," with 'Mo' mintmark and date to sides, and denomination below.
- Guaranteed by Banco de Mexico.
An attractive coin on its own, as a challenging part of a full collection of Pre-Columbian commemoratives, or for a collection of modern Mexican silver in general - add this 1996 Mexico Silver 1 Peso Senor de las Limas Proof coin to your cart today!
Spanning from 1992 to 1998, the Pre-Columbian Collection consisted of six series of coins, each honoring one of the six Pre-Columbian civilizations of South and Central America. Each series was comprised of a variety of gold and silver coins in various sizes. The 1996 issues celebrated the Olmec culture, native to northern Central America.