Any quantity only $89.99 per coin over spot!
The Gold Buffalo was the first coin from the United States Mint that contained 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold. This beautiful coin is popular world-wide and is highly recognizable with its well-known design, patterned after the famous Buffalo Nickel.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: the American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
The U.S. Gold Buffalo is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. Add the 2011 Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.