First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Letitia Tyler.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the PR-69 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Letitia Tyler.
- Reverse: Letitia Tyler's success in running their plantation gave husband John Tyler the freedom to pursue his political career. Depicts Mrs. Tyler and her two oldest children behind their Cedar Grove Plantation.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Letitia Tyler Gold coin to your cart today!
A genteel Southern lady, Letitia Christian Tyler supervised the Tyler family's 1,200 acre plantation. Letitia Tyler became the first wife of a president to die while her husband was still in office. Although Letitia Tyler was never able to assume the normal social duties of a First Lady because of her poor health, behind the scenes, she directed the entertaining and household management of the White House. She made only one public appearance while First Lady, at the wedding of their daughter, Elizabeth.