This coin is the third release of the Great Warriors four-coin Series. It features a knight in armor with a royal blue cape.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver in flawless Proof finish.
- This coin comes to you enclosed in a case with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a heavily-armed knight bearing two swords and a mace, a bludgeoning weapon with an armor-penetrating head. The portrayal includes heraldic motifs, originally used to identify knights in battle, design by Wade Robinson.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this Great Warriors Knight coin to your cart today!
In medieval Europe, a knight was a 'gentleman soldier' who abided by the code of chivalry: moral principles including valor, honesty, loyalty, virtue and gallantry towards women. Knights believed that fighting for Christendom was the most honorable form of warfare.
The knight's armor includes chainmail shirt, foot and leg protection comprised of sabatons, greaves and cuisse, spaulder with vambraces on the shoulders and arms, and a close helm with full-face visor. A breastplate would be worn under the knights flowing surcoat.