This coin is the third release of the Great Warriors four-coin Series. It features a knight in armor with a royal blue cape.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 Silver in flawless Proof finish.
- This coin comes to you enclosed in a case with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a heavily-armed knight bearing two swords and a mace, a bludgeoning weapon with an armor-penetrating head. The portrayal includes heraldic motifs, originally used to identify knights in battle, design by Wade Robinson.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this Great Warriors Knight coin to your cart today!
In medieval Europe, a knight was a 'gentleman soldier' who abided by the code of chivalry: moral principles including valor, honesty, loyalty, virtue and gallantry towards women. Knights believed that fighting for Christendom was the most honorable form of warfare.
The knight's armor includes chainmail shirt; foot and leg protection compromising sabatons, greaves and cuisse, spaulder with vambraces on the shoulders and arms and a close helm with full-face visor. A breastplate would be worn under the knights flowing surcoat.