First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Abigail Fillmore. This coin is graded PF-70 by NGC.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the PF-70 Ultra Cameo condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Abigail Fillmore
- Reverse: Perhaps her most lasting contribution as first lady was her work in establishing a permanent White House library. The reverse design depicts Mrs. Fillmore shelving books in the library that she established at the White House.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add these 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coins to your cart today!
Born Abigail Powers, Fillmore developed a passion for learning early in life. While teaching at the New Hope Academy in Sempronius, N.Y., she met her future husband Millard Fillmore. Throughout her life, she continued her zeal for self-improvement by reading voraciously, attending lectures and congressional debates, and participating in political discussions.