The final release in the Treasures of Australia locket coin series, this Silver coin features an abstract interpretation of Australia’s marine environment, one of the world’s richest sources of South Sea pearls.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver in flawless Proof finish with a small pearl surrounded by Mother of Pearl.
- This Silver coin is housed in a presentation case with a jarrah timber lid. The case comes in a stylized box shipper accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features an abstract interpretation of Australia’s marine environment, one of the world’s richest sources of South Sea pearls. This design by Justin Graham includes a transparent locket containing a natural Australian keshi pearl framed in mother of pearl.
Add this Treasures of Australia coin to your cart today!
Between 2007 and 2011, Treasures of Australia has celebrated five glittering prizes found in Australia: Sapphires, Opals, Diamonds, Gold, and Pearls. Oysters create natural pearls by depositing layers of nacre over a grain of sand or other intruder that settles inside the shell. Cultured pearls develop around a bead implanted by human hand.
Since ancient times, the pearl has been a symbol of purity and femininity. It is the oldest known gem and was considered the most valuable for centuries. The pearl is the birthstone for those born in June.