Type 2 Gold Double Eagles are identifiable by the motto "In God We Trust", which was omitted from the Type 1 coins. These coins, designed by James B. Longacre, were minted from 1866-1876.
- Contains .9675 oz of Gold.
- Designed by James B. Longacre and minted from 1850-1907.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast with thirteen stars above. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America" and the denomination.
- U.S. Mint issue from the following mints: Philadelphia, Carson City, Denver, New Orleans or San Francisco.
Protect your Gold Double Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Many of these coins have been melted over the years, adding collectibility to a classic Gold coin design. Enhance your collection by adding this $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
Gold Liberty Double Eagles -- why buy Pre-1933 Gold from APMEX?Liberty Gold Double Eagles from the years 1850-1907 are a popular addition to any investment portfolio or numismatic collection. To buy Pre-1933 U.S. Gold for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Grade:||Extra Fine or Better|
|Metal Content:||0.9675 troy oz|