The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a perfect MS-70 by NGC, honors First Lady Abigail Fillmore.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Abigail Fillmore.
- Reverse: Perhaps her most lasting contribution as first lady was her work in establishing a permanent White House library. The reverse design depicts Mrs. Fillmore shelving books in the library that she established at the White House.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Abigail Fillmore First Spouse coin to your cart today!
Abigail married her husband, Millard, in 1826 after postponing their nuptials due to poor financial resources. Millard was elected Vice President in 1849, then assumed the Presidency just 16 months later following Zachary Taylor's death. Abigail did not enjoy the social scene. She preferred to read. Congress appropriated the funds and Abigail established the official White House Library.
On the obverse of the Abigail Fillmore issues, we find a portrait of her that was designed and sculpted by Phebe Hemphill. The reverse was designed by Susan Gamble and sculpted by Joseph Menna, showing Mrs. Fillmore placing books on a shelf at the White House library that she established.