This 10th anniversary set contains a 2007 Proof 1/2 oz Platinum Eagle and a 2007 Reverse Proof 1/2 oz Platinum Eagle certified by PCGS as Perfect 70 with the First Strike designation.
- Contains two 1/2 oz. .9995 fine Platinum American Eagles.
- Mintage figures of a maximum of 30,000 sets of which only around 20,000 were sold.
- The First Strikes designation ensures that the coins were received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: John Mercanti's design exhibits a portrait of the Statue of Liberty gazing confidently forward, a symbol of freedom and opportunity.
- Reverse: American bald eagle representing the Executive Branch.
- Sovereign coins backed by the U.S. government.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage, the Proof Platinum Eagle changes yearly adding to its bullion appeal. Add this beautiful Proof Platinum American Eagle Set to your cart today!
The only investment-grade Platinum coin produced by the United States Mint, the American Platinum Eagle was finally released in 1997. It is the official Platinum bullion coin of the United States and is the only coin the mint backs for weight, content and .9995 fine metal purity. The coin is available in sizes of 1/10 troy oz, 1/4 troy oz, 1/2 troy oz, and 1 troy oz.
The obverse of the standard bullion coin features the Statue of Liberty, while the reverse boasts a bald eagle soaring through the sky with the sun behind it. However, on the 1 oz Proof Platinum Eagles, the reverse changes annually. From 1997 through 2002, the various designs on these coins were part of the “Vistas of Liberty” program. In this series, a bald eagle was depicted flying over a different region throughout the United States. From 2006 to 2008, a three-year design series called “The Foundations of Democracy” represented the three branches of government. In 2009, a six-year series was introduced to honor the Preamble to the Constitution. A special two-year series began in 2015 featuring modern representations of Lady Liberty.