This coin, the lowest mintage 1 oz Gold Buffalo coin ever produced, has been graded a near-perfect MS-69 by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees your coin's MS-69 condition.
- Features a special burnished finish only used on Gold Buffalos in 2008.
- Mintage of only 9,074 coins.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the 1913 Buffalo Nickel.
- Reverse: An American bison, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
The U.S. Gold Buffalo is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. Add this low mintage Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
PCGS has, at varying times, used both the MS and SP designations to refer to these burnished coins. Coins sold in this listing may bear either designation, but both are identical in meaning and value.