This commemorative coin pays homage to The Tale of Igor's Campaign, which was a poem of a failed raid made in the year 1185 by Kniaz Igor Svyatoslavich, Prince of Novgorod-Seversk.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Platinum.
- Individual coins are presented in protective plastic flips.
- Mintage of only 12,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a scribe at work with cavalry troops in the background. The bottom reads "The Tale of Igor's Campaign 1185” along the rim “1000 years of ancient literature”.
- Reverse: Features the Soviet Union emblem of a hammer and sickle, as well as “CCCP,” an abbreviation for “Soviet Union” in Cyrillic.
- Legal tender coin of Russia issued by the Saint-Petersburg Mint.
This coin was originally part of a six-coin series that lasted from 1988-1991. Add this rare beauty to your holdings today!