With a mintage of only 9,074, the 2008 Burnished 1 oz Gold Buffalo is the lowest mintage coin of the entire Buffalo series. This coin is one of few graded a perfect 70 by PCGS, and even fewer with the popular Black Diamond label.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 9,074 coins, and a Population of 449 coins at this grade level with 0 graded higher.
- Black Diamond label pays tribute to this coin's historic design.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: Features an American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Burnished Gold Buffalos add a new beauty to this popular coin design. Add this low-population 2008-W 1 oz Burnished Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
Note: PCGS has used both the SP and MS designation to refer to burnished coins at various times. These designations are identical in meaning and value in this context, and coins in this listing may have either.