This Liberty Seated Dollar is graded Extra Fine-45 by NGC. The Liberty Seated Dollar, designed by Christian Gobrecht, was minted from 1840 to 1873 and was primarily minted in Philadelphia, although there are 12 different branch mint issues.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the XF-45 condition.
- Obverse: Liberty is seated on a rock facing left while her right hand rests firmly above the shield of the United States. In her left hand is a pole with a Phrygian cap resting atop the pole.
- Reverse: An eagle, facing left, wears the shield of the United States on his chest and firmly grips an olive branch in his right talon and three arrows in his left talon as his wings prepare to take flight.
- The Philadelphia Mint did not produce a mintmark.
Protect your Seated Liberty Dollar by adding a beautiful presentation box to your order.
The Seated Silver Dollar was minted before, during and after the Civil War, making it a desirable coin to collect. Add this 1871 Liberty Seated Dollar in your cart today.